Swedish hospital now being investigated to establish if any of its procedures were at fault.
A man in Sweden has died after he swallowed the entire packaging around his prescription medicine and it ripped a hole in his intestine.
The man was in hospital at the time and recovering from a heart operation when he tried to take the pill and ingested its plastic casing at the same time.
The incident is now being investigated by Sweden’s Health and Social Care Inspectorate, according to reports in the country’s English-language news service The Local.
“The whole thing is very unfortunate and very regrettable,” a spokesperson for the Hallands hospital said in a statement to the website.
The man, who has not been named, was reported to be recovering from surgery well and due to be discharged when he started to feel stomach pains.
He was rushed for emergency surgery, which found a small hole in the man’s small intestine and, next to it, the pill still in its plastic packaging.
The Local said the man was believed to have suffered from poor eyesight, and that this could explain the mistake.
The Health-Care Survivor’s Comment
This tragic story, from Sweden, demonstrates that people should have medicines properly explained to them. In the years before the start of My Serrapeptase Adventure, when my eyesight was poor, hospital doctors and pharmacists were often dismissive and seemed frustrated when I asked them to clarify instructions with me.
The time and care taken by the teams at Good Health Naturally and Naturally Healthy Publications, to explain Serrapeptase, Curcumin and HealthPoint, were among the most important steps in my return to naturally sustained good health. Now, several years on, and with much better eyesight, I am still grateful that people are willing to take the time to ensure that I am given all the information I need, so that I do not have to rely on my ability to read, unaided, which is still improving.